Apple Plans to Enter the Streaming Realm

A great example of Media Convergence in recent times is the viral meme, Damn Daniel! Two friends use a series of videos and a catch phrase, to create a new media meme that many celebrities took to the net to talk about. I think the idea of small age content creators making meme content is an example of how millenials utilize the same tools media companies only had access to years ago (camera and a posting platform ex: TV) to make content. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want the same viral fame, as the stars were given a chance to be on Ellen and have their videos air on Televisions world wide. Let me know what you think of the new age content creators!

https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/23/18015656/apple-tv-streaming-service-launch-2019-amazon-video-netflix-competitor

Comments

Popular Posts