Welcome to my Blog!

Hello!


If you've stumbled upon my blog by accident, or perhaps you're my professor reading this to grade me, welcome!

I'll be posting on all things Media Convergence related here.

What is media Convergence?

The term Media Convergence initially means to me a point where a traditional media aspect is adapted by a new media. An example of this would be that when AOL Instant messenger saw the idea of text messaging costing money for the convenience of sending messages instantly, they adapted the idea into a free messenger service, which drew users to their site to see Ads which they made ad revenue off of. Another great example would be how Xbox saw that Netflix has potential to replace the idea of Blockbuster or a library rental, and created a way for Xbox users with Netflix to watch a show with each other on different consoles and chat while watching.


Stay up to date with the blog on it's twitter page!

Comments

Popular Posts